Why use social media to recruit young professionals?
In today’s world, hiring has changed dramatically because of social media. According to a 2023 report from Sprout Social there’s an estimated 4.89 Billion social media users worldwide, with the average person bouncing between seven networks. Users spend a total average of 151 minutes per day on social sites. Therefore, meeting people where they are at, can be a beneficial for both possible employees and recruiters and here’s how.
- Social media allows the candidates to get to know the company.
- Possible employees now have direct access and insights into a company’s culture and values.
- Candidates can now get a good sense of a company’s reputation and hear from current employees.
- Social media allows them to learn about a candidate, providing them with a comprehensive view of past accomplishments to reach ideal candidates faster.
- Recruiters have access to a wide talent pool, including passive candidates who may be considering a career change but not actively looking or searching.
- Recruiting using social media significantly reduces costs by eliminating or minimizing standard hiring expenses.
So how do you use social media for recruitment?
- Choose Relevant Platforms – Select social media platforms that align with your target audience. For example: if you are recruiting a graphic designer, you may consider Instagram as it is based more on images and visuals. If you are recruiting a developer, you should consider posting on job boards. If you are recruiting a Director or VP level, LinkedIn may be a consideration.
- Use Advanced Tools – Leverage advanced social media tools to search for candidates with specific certifications or training.
- Consistency is Key – Maintaining your social media presence by regularly posting relevant content, interacting with your audience, and responding quickly to inquiries, builds a stronger online presence attracting the right candidates.
- **BONUS TIP** – Use video to separate your content from other recruiters.
By implementing a thoughtful social media recruiting strategy, companies can successfully connect with young professionals and attract top talent easier in today’s ever-evolving job market.